June 2020

Paper Definitions

These are terms to used to describe the paper here at House of Languor.  Some terms have long and varied defintions technically, but have been condensed and are specific to what you will find in the shop.


Laid = verge = textured in waves or lines on the paper from screens the paper is "laid" on to dry, resulting in a felted, raised feel. Works well with inky pens, may not work well with very fine-tipped pens